On the way to Design Museum with Finland Fulbrighter and US Grantees.
– Where are you from?
– I am from Vietnam.
– Oh, I really love Vietnamese food.
– Thank you. Actually, I am in love with Korean food.
– Ohh. What do you like?
– Uhmm bibimbap ( oh), japchae (ohhh) :”)
– And do you like K-pop?
– Yeahh, I do. And also Korean movies, dramas. I love Korean culture.
– Oh (laugh). Who do you like (singers)?
– IU :”)
– Oh I see. Do you know BTS?
– Yes, of course. Teenage girls in my country are crazy about them :)))
– Really :))) My daughter also likes them. I don’t know why though :))) Do you?
– Uhmm (pretending to find a reason even though there was already a dozen inside my head), I think maybe they dance well, and their music suit teenagers’ taste :)))
– Oh, okay I see :)))
Such a short yet beautiful conversation with the wife of a US grantee who was born in Korea but has spent over 20 years in the US.